Crack down Counterfeit and IPR Infringement Nationwide Action
The Office of National Leading Group on Fight against IPR Infringement and Counterfeiting released Guidelines for the National Work on Cracking down on IP Infringement and the Production and Sale of Counterfeit and Shoddy Goods, aiming to crack down on illegal and criminal acts of infringement and counterfeiting, and continue to improve a market-based, law-based and internationalized business environment.
I. Deepening governance in key industry oversight
(1) Strengthening control of Internet infringement and counterfeiting. Crack down on online infringement and piracy, and severely crack down on audio-visual works, e-commerce platforms, social media and online education.
(2) Promoting control of import and export infringement and counterfeiting. Focus on countries and regions along the Belt and Road, coordinate supervision of import and export, and severely crack down on cross-border production and sale of infringing and counterfeit goods. Strengthen IPR services and protection for international exhibitions and trade fairs. Strengthen customs protection of intellectual property rights and carry out special law enforcement actions.
(3) Strengthening intellectual property protection of foreign-invested enterprises. Investigate and deal with infringement of trade secrets, malicious squatting of trademarks, and confusion of commercial marks in accordance with the law, and severely crack down on trademark patent infringement, counterfeiting, online piracy and infringement, and other illegal and criminal activities. To organize investigations on IPR protection of foreign-invested enterprises.
(4) Strict oversight over key products that affect life, health and property safety, and severely investigated and dealt with quality violations. Resolutely crack down on illegal and criminal activities involving the production and sale of fake and shoddy masks, protective suits and other epidemic prevention products.
II. Strengthening IPR protection
(5) Strengthening protection of the right to exclusive use of trademarks and rights and interests of other commercial signs. With the focus on foreign-related trademarks and time-honored registered trademarks, we will severely crack down on infringements of the exclusive right to use trademarks in accordance with the law.
(6) Strengthening administrative adjudication of patent disputes and cracking down on patent counterfeiting. We will strengthen administrative adjudication of patent infringement disputes in key areas such as e-commerce and high and new technologies, as well as in key links such as exhibitions and import and export. We will deepen patent administrative law enforcement in key areas and intensify efforts to crack down on illegal patent counterfeiting.
(7) Strict copyright protection. We will severely crack down on online and offline sales of illegal and pirated publications.https://www.law-office-in-china.com/intellectual-property-lawyer-in-china/
III. Severely punish infringement, counterfeiting, illegal crimes
(8) Intensify criminal crackdown. Focusing on the areas of people’s livelihood, foreign affairs and public security, special cases are organized to crack down on major and malignant cases. We will crack down on crimes of infringement and counterfeiting in accordance with the law.
Iv. Promoting the development of laws and regulations
(9) Optimize enterprise intellectual property services. Will guide lawyers and other legal service workers to actively participate in the fight against infringement and counterfeiting, and improve the level of legal services for intellectual property protection.
V. Deepen foreign exchanges and cooperation
(10) Stepping up cross-border law enforcement coordination. Play an overall and coordinating role in improving the law enforcement mechanism for foreign-related intellectual property rights, and strengthen cross-border law enforcement coordination and supervision over the handling of major cases.
(11) Supporting enterprises in safeguarding their rights overseas. Will strengthen the development of information platforms for IPR early warning and IPR protection assistance, and promote the formation of overseas IPR protection assistance networks.
In practice, the government encourage all actions for cracking down the intellectual property infringement and fight against the counterfeits.